Thursday 29 December 2016

Pink Hair

Why pink?!



For the last few years I've really started to dislike my hair. It started a couple of years ago when I went to a really stressful time which resulted in my hair falling out and becoming a lot thinner then it has ever been. I ended up with about a 1/3 of what it has always been. Lucky for me that my hair has been so thick that it was as if I just had very thin unhealthy hair. I started to wear it up a lot to hide the areas that were the worst. It took about a year for it to start growing back properly and then it was stubley and sticking up so I continued to wear it ways to hide as much of it as I could. It continued to grow but ended up really thin as it got longer and thick on the top. 


Eventually this october I got it cut in a bob as it had finally gotten to that length and completely even. It's not like it was before but it's much better then it got so it made me happy even though I hate my hair this short and my natural colour. I tried some highlights but it wasn't much different from what it was.


I was telling my sister that I wanted something different and she suggested she could do something with it and I said I'd let her do anything. she does her own hair and it's always gorgeous. She then suggested pink and I thought ok why not.


It took it rounds of bleaching as my hair is so dark, the first was grand and wasn't a bother but the second stung a little. I also used purple shampoo in between washes to help take the yellow out of my hair. 


After washing the second round of bleach out my sister fell asleep like really asleep couldn't not be woken by an earthquake asleep so I was on my own for the pink. I went with bleach london Rosé and I had to do this twice as the first one turned out peach.


I did what the bottle said but wasn't happy with the result so I tried it again as I still had half a bottle and it worked out much better and the pastel pink l had wanted the whole time. This time I put it in bone dry and not the towel dry the bottle suggested and it made all the difference.


I also left it for longer than the recommended time which I don't know makes a difference or not but it was in about 50 mins. It says it should last 2 to 1 washes and I'm thinking of keeping it pink for a little while aso will be investing in a good bit of this stuff. It's got me hooked!




2 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to go this colour, it looks amazing on you! I am loving your blog too by the way, Keep up the amazing work.. you should be so proud! x

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment. I loved my pink hair. :)

      Delete