Sunday 29 December 2013

Crafty Christmas Batman Apron


This is the apron that I made for my sister for Christmas. I was trying to think of something to get her that she would really like and could keep without it running out or breaking. She loves baking and batman so together a batman apron seemed perfect. I drew out the idea I had and looked for fabric that I wanted for it. For the top I used plain black cotton and for the band and skirt part I used a sequined fabric. I also used some tulle underneath to give it a more flared look. The photo is not great for showing details  but I made the bottom part more like a rara skirt.  Trying to keep it hidden and make it in secret is a bit tricky when you live in the same house. I would have to wait for her to leave for a while to get bits of it done at a time. 

Anyway it turned out just as I had hope even with my sewing machine not working very well at the moment. The only thing about it was it was very hard to find the fabric I was looking for and had to settle on a different one maybe people don't like sequined fabric anymore ?? haha. But it did give me a perfect opportunity to start sewing again. The most important part was that she loved it and that is all that matters. I'm also thinking of making myself one in pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment