Monday 21 April 2014

Easter


I started off my Easter morning by going to the battle of Clontarf festival in St Annes park in Raheny. They had viking boats on display as well as tents and a craft fair with people dressed as vikings and selling things from that time. This is where I got my silver coin. There was a man making them by hammering the imprint into them like they would all those years ago. They also had a reenactment of the battle but unfortunately there was a lot of people there and I was too small to see over them :(. But still it was very good.



After the festival it was all hands on deck to get dinner made. In my house Easter dinner is like Chirstmas , it always has been more about a family meal them chocolate eggs not that chocolate isn't important. For dinner we had Ham, Turkey, Mashed potatoes, lots of veg, roast potatoes, home made croquet's (which I usually make but have now thought my sister to make), Yorkshire puddings ( I was up late the night before making these in advance) and of course the best stuffing in the world (my dads recipe). Ohh and not to forget Bisto gravy because no proper dinner is complete with out it.


I didn't make desert so instead after dinner ran to the shop ( I say ran but since hurting my leg it's more like a slow hobble) and myself and my sister treated everyone to icebergers, which went down a treat. After recovering from a very heavy dinner (and maybe a nap.. my leg was very sore at this stage)  it was time to relax with a glass of chilled Preseco and a bit of Easter egg.



No comments:

Post a Comment