Wednesday 16 April 2014

Best Moisturiser for dry skin.

I have been suffering with eczema my whole life. Some times its can be mild, others it can be severe. I was told over and over that I would grow out of it but unfortunately I didn't. I have learnt to adjust to it but it will always cause problems no matter what I do. I have to be very careful what products I use and eating certain foods can all cause it to flare up. The best thing I can do is to make sure my skin is well moisturised and that I don't use products like washing powder, soaps or perfumes that will affect it. 

The best product I can recommend is Silcocks Base.


This stuff is amazing it can be used as a moisturiser or as a soap substitute by applying it to the skin and then gently washing it of. I use it everyday and recommend buying the 500g tube which is usually between €4 and €5 depending where it's bought. I even use it to take off make up by applying it to my face and gently rub it in then remove with a wet face cloth. It's also great to use intead of a shaveing gel or foam. I literally use it all the the time to wash my face, as soap to wash my hands, in the shower instead of shower gel and of course as a daily moisturiser. The list goes on. I even have others in the house using it. My mam told me she used to put a spoonful of it in the bath when I was a baby. It keeps my skin soft without it feeling heavy or greasy and although it may not seem like it but it does clean my skin very well. It also come in a smaller tube that you can take with you instead of lugging around a huge tub.

So if you suffer from eczema, dermatitis, dry/sensitive skin or are just looking for a good moisturiser then this will definitely be for you.

You can buy it in most chemists and can get it online from Mccabes pharmacy Here

No comments:

Post a Comment