Saturday 13 April 2013

Australia


The Story

I recently spent a month in Australia. I went with my sister and first flew to Sydney to stay with family. We had a very bumpy flight to Sydney and had a few delays as well as a diversion as we where low on fuel and couldn't land in Sydney, then had to refuel and go back. Well a bit late but we got there and our Aunty, Uncle and two of our Cousins where there waiting for us. As soon as we got to the house we had dinner and a few drinks . It was lovely to finally be in their house and drinking a beer and continuing where we left it in June when Brian had come to Visit haha. After a week we travelled to Brisbane and stayed in a hostel there for ten days. We where sad to leave and go back to Sydney as we where having so much fun but we had a ball as soon as we got back to Sydney. We stayed in the city for a night before heading back to where our family lives outside the city. The weather was gorgeous and everything went great everything but my cousin who  fell in the first week we were there and broke her ankle. It was a bad break and very pain full so she had to keep it up and take it easy for awhile. We did have a great time relaxing and taking it easy with her and got to spend a lot of time with her as she was unable to attend school. I got to hold a Koala at the sanctuary in Brisbane. We went the day before we left there with one of our room mates that was also from Ireland. When in Sydney we went to palm beach or "Summer Bay " haha. We are big home and away fans so where very happy. We went for a family bike ride with one of my cousin and my uncle. It was a great day I've always wanted to go on a bike and so had my sister so we really enjoyed it. Paddy's day was on the last weekend we where there and we all went out to a local place for it that was holding a big event. It was a great day and night and the cocktails where great too ( jugs of sex on the beach yuumm). We also went to the aquarium on one of our last days and saw sharks and lots of other fish that I didn't even know about. We even saw penguins :). They where so small and cute. I wanted to take one home with me. That same day we went to a pie place about an hours drive from where we where with our cousin and his friend then to an arcade. It was very sad leaving after the month was over and the journey home was so long, but I definitely think I would like to go back for the years working visa. I know I would enjoy it as much as I did this time so now I just have to save hard and figure out when I can go. 


The Pictures




.... More Pictures



Why not follow me on twitter to check out what I'm up to next here   TWEET TWEET 
Or follow me on Pinterest here  PIN PIN 

No comments:

Post a Comment