Saturday 28 February 2015

Essence XXXL longlasting Matt effect lipgloss review

I recently bought this Lipgloss from Essence and had to do a review of it after wearing it I love it so much. This is the Shade 07 Silky Red.

This is my favourite lip product at the moment for three reasons.

1. The Look and feel.

It feels silky and creamy on, it's not sticky or thick. The texture feels really nice on and light. It's not a lipgloss that makes your lips feel like they might stick to each other or a glass. Then there's the Matt effect. I have seen so many people wearing Matt lips but wasn't sure if it was for me. The words lipgloss and Matt effect don't sound to me like they go together but actually they do and the Matt finish is fantastic. It's no lie that I love my lip glosses, who doesn't love a nice creamy shiny lipgloss ( maybe just me lol) but sometimes it's nice to mix things up a little and I do love my lipsticks and matts these day a little more then shiny. 

2. The Colour

The colour is just right. It's just the right shade of red, not to dark and not orangey toned like some other reds. I think this shade is good for my skin tone. I'm quite pale especially right now since my tan seems to have disappeared already :(. There is nothing worse then a red that makes you look so pale someone asked if your feeling all right. This has happened to me before and I've learnt my lesson.

3.It Lasts

 It is actually long lasting. The first time I wore this I only had to reapply once over the whole night, even after sipping away on a few drinks. I hate when you apply a lipstick or gloss take one sip of a drink and have to reapply constantly.  

Overall this is a great lipgloss and it's such a bargain it was under €4. I bought this in Penney's as an impulse buy because who can walk past the makeup stands in Penney's and not pick up something on the way to the tills.... no one, well not me anyway. I think I'd like to try some of the other shades of this too maybe pink because I do love pink lol. 





Follow me on twitter here TWEET TWEET

or on Instagram HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment