Wednesday 19 August 2015

Boots Botanics All Bright haul


For the past couple of weeks I've been trying out the Botantics All Bright range. I got them but didn't want to write about them until I had seen results of using them. I have been using the All bright radiance balm for a while and wanted to try out more of their stuff, so I headed to Boots and bought all this which were all reduced so ended up not having to spend so much. I also finally used my Boots app which is great for anyone like me that always forgot those vouchers that they used to send in the post. So here is what I bought.

Smoothing Eye Make Up Remover 150ml€2.99 originally €5.99



First of all does anyone else get a strange pleasure in shaking this up and watching it all separate again? If not I do suggest it keeps me entertained for ages.
I don't usually use removers specifically for eye make up I just use what ever make up remover I use on my face. This is not always the best idea because I sometimes have to really scrub off the mascara that then hurts my very over-sensitive eyes or by the morning I end up waking up looking like a panda so obviously it's not removing it all. This is sort of why I bought it really. I wanted something to remove it all, be gentle to my eyes and not need a lot of effort. So far so good for me with this it removes it all without leaving any. I just put some on a cotton pad hold it over my closed eye then gently rub it of then wipe under my eye to get whatevers there off and that it. I like the oil and I think it leaves my eyelids soft after suing it. Just don't try getting it in your eye it wont be nice I put too much on cotton and didn't close my eye properly. But after all it is for removing make up not cleaning eyeballs.

Micellar 3 in 1 cleansing solution 250ml
€2.49 originally €6.49



I've been using another micellar water for ages and really loved it but it can sometimes leave my skin feeling tight or a little sticky not always but I wanted to try another make to compare them. This one is really nice to use. It's not very scented and is very nice on the skin. I use it to take off my make up and just to clean my skin when I'm having make up free days. It takes it all of and is good for sensitive, dry and acne prone skin or well my skin by not causing breakouts or drying it out either.

Cleansing Toner 250ml
€2.99 originally €5.99



I am terrible for using toners in that I don't really use toners but I know I should. I'm really trying to improve my skin care habits so that includes using toners. I find it can be slightly stingy but only when my skin is dry and I have yet to find a toner that isn't the same which is why I don't bother with them most of the time. It's not terrible or anything I do like what is doing for my skin and it's better then another one that I used and stung the face off me and left it red for hours, this one does nothing near that. I use it after cleansers and before moisturiser which I hope is the right order. It seems to get the last bit of make up that I didn't know was still there which may explain why I break out after wearing a lot in a week. It's not over scented either which is great for my eyes they are way to sensitive a hint of fragrance and I look like I'm crying.

Hydrating Night Cream 50ml
€3.49 originally €6.99



This night cream ticks all the boxes for me. It feels lovely to even apply and is by far my favourite out of this range. When I put it on is nice to massage into my skin and stays on without feeling overly heavy on the skin. It makes my skin look and feel moisturised and smooth and soft and by the morning it still feels like that. It feels sort of oily which is good for my dry skin but doesn't break me out and I'm very happy I bought it I just really like it.

Hydrating Day Cream 50ml
€3.49 originally €6.99


The day cream is as good as the night cream but does feel like it takes it's time soaking in, however it doesn't feel like that once its on for too long. It's great for moisturising before applying make up and I can see the difference it makes. It also like all the rest contains brightening hibiscus and I do think it helps my skin by giving me a healthy smooth glowy look. It also contains an SPF 15 which these days I think is essential for everyday use so for me makes it even better. This picture makes it look white but it does actually have a pink colour to it like the night cream.

So overall after using all of these for the past couple of weeks I have seen a nice improvement in my skin. It now better moisturised and feels a lot less dry and dull. For the price it's great I spent €17.49 for the lot as it was all reduced but even at full price it was only €16.25 more so for €33.74 you get a lot for your money. It doesn't look like I've used loads out of it all and I use it daily.

Thanks for reading and don't forget you can now find me on Facebook, TwitterBloglovin and Instagram.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Sinead! So there's this thing called the Liebster Award/tag and it really helps to create a lovely community of 'small blog' bloggers. Anyway I nominated you! So check out my post about it for all the info and yah, thanks :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I really want to try out some bits from the botanics range. I'm after nominating you for the Liebster Award as well so please make sure to have a look :) https://ciarasramblings.wordpress.com/2015/08/27/liebster-award/

    ReplyDelete