Friday 13 March 2015

Almay Smart Shades Perfect and correct Primer Review

Yet another find from Australia. This one I picked up in Gloss for $12.95. 



What it says:


  • Instantly smooths and colour corrects skin.
  • Lavender to even out and brighten skin tone. Green to reduce redness.
  • Lightweight formula can be used alone or underneath foundation.
  • Hyper allergenic 
  • Dermatologicaly tested
  • oil-free

How to use:

Smooth primer onto face using fingertips and blend outwards. Apply before foundation for a perfectly-prepped canvas.

My thoughts:

The lavender and green swirls through the primer looks impressive. But outside of the bottle, not so impressive. It just looks like a mess. Anyway the texture is a little greasy at first but it does go on nicely. It doesn't do much for colour correcting and I didn't notice it making my foundation lasting dramatically longer or anything. Saying that as a prep for the skin before applying foundation it great. My skin feels like I've applied a moisturiser with out the heavy feeling of a moisturiser. At first I kept pressing it to hard and getting loads of product i didn't need or want. When i say a tiny bit is needed I mean a tiny bit is all you need. It spreads so easily across the skin. Overall as a colour correcting primer not so great but as a product to mositerise your skin before applying foundation it works really well. It moisterises the dry skin with out it making the oily areas worse. Not the best primer in the world but not the worst I do still use this regularly and do like it.


Follow me on twitter here TWEET TWEET

or on Instagram HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment