Saturday 11 July 2015

Summer and Sinus problems and what helps

It's always nice to see the summer but for me and so many others come hay fever and sinus problems. Just the other day I woke up in the middle of the night with a pain down the left side of my face. When I got up and walked past the mirror I saw that my nose, eye and cheek where all one big swollen mess. I looked like I had been punched in the face .. hard and felt like it. This came out of nowhere as usually I'm on top of it so that I don't end up with an infection. I haven't had one in over a year now.

So today I thought I'd share a few little tips I picked up alone the way to help and stop it getting worse. These work for me so I can't guarantee they will for everyone as I'm not a doctor.

1. Invest in a face streamer.
I bought one a few years ago when a doctor recommended steaming to help clear my head. I tried using hot water in a bowl with a towel over my head before hand which was fine and also works but I just find the steamer a bit better for me it even came with a nose part. You only have to do it for 5 to 10 minutes and it also helps my skin look better.

2. Cold face cloth.
I know most people use a warm cloth to do this but I always find the cold one better. When my head feels like it's going to burst from the pressure I just soak a face cloth in cold water ring it out then fold it and place it over my eyes and nose and have a little rest. After 10 or so minutes I feel a little better and not so much pressure. Also what I used to have was an eye mask that you put in the fridge and it was great but it went missing one day I think someone might have had a hangover and "borrowed" it lol.

3.Don't lie down.
Always prop yourself up a bit the same when you have a cold otherwise it will all get clogged up and then cause problems.

4. olbus oil.
I put this in a bowl of steaming water and place in my room at night. Be careful though don't put it anywhere you might knock it over in the dark.

4. Eat something spicy.
Sounds strange but it always clears my head and helps get my taste back. Just don't make it too spicy or it may burn your mouth too.

If your really having problem that just wont go away always go talk to your pharmacist who can suggest over the counter sprays or tablets or see your doctor in case it may be a sinus infection. Those wont go away on their own. Hope this helps.

Thanks for reading
Neadsxx

No comments:

Post a Comment